miercuri, 11 martie 2009

Tales of Dark: The choose of an heir...



“No!!” was heard from the council room. Everybody was astonished by that tone. “How you dare to raise your voice in this chamber?” asked the Head adviser, an old man, dressed in a white cape. “I won’t allow it…she will not go there” replied again the young man who shouted “no”. He had a leather light armor colored in black and beneath it a silk dark-blue shirt could be seen. He’s pants and his boots had the same color as his armor. He was not too tall, but well built and a jade medallion could be saw at his neck. It was his mark as a Ruler’s son, as the heir of Radaj Throne, the Kingdom of Lightning.
But now he was not just an heir…not anymore. A day before, a horrible new stroke the Kingdom …..his father passed away and he was now the Ruler. But he knew, as well as the advisors who formed the Council that his father didn’t passed away...not in a natural way...he was killed and the murderer was probably with the merchants that left the Kingdom in the day his father was killed. And now he had to take care of the whole Kingdom. The reason he summoned the Council was to ask them the permission to go after his father’s killer, but they declined it and offered him another alternative for the problem
“Because of this my father was killed “shouted again the man as he pointed a covered small abject from the triunghiular table they were gathered around. He could still remember the talk he had with his father a few days before he was killed. “Kri’son I’ve just received a package of tremendous importance” said his father, as he sat on the balcony of his castle looking at the sun which was just fading. “What is this about this time? “Asked the young men, suddenly feeling worried for his father. “I can’t tell you…for now, but I’ll have to leave soon for a couple of days and I’m putting all my thrust into your hands that you’ll take care of the Kingdom while I’m gone” replied his father. “No father! …why are you leaving again...it’s not the first time you leave without telling me or anyone else were you’re heading …why are you doing this? asked Kri’son looking into his father’s white eyes. He saw that his father was troubled lately and started feeling sorry for his words, but the Ruler replied while smiled “It may seem unfair to you and our people, but I assure you that what I’m doing is for the best of us...and not just our kingdom, but all the people from all the kingdoms. As you know, we have the more stable Kingdom of all, but since the other 14 kingdoms rusher in their decision to annihilate the Kingdom of Dark, things have started to change...and not in a good way. The death of Sind’ar, the Ruler of the Kingdom of Dark become the point when all the world started to get mad, they started to fight over the lands of the previous Kingdom, and soon wars will begin, and that’s just the beginning of it” When he spoke about Sind’ar, he did it with a deep regret within his voice and Kri’son remembered that his father and Sind’ar were good friends in the past, when he was little but as the year passed they distanced each other and in the end the Kingdom of Dark ended by the hands of the other Thrones, except 5 of them who didn’t do anything. “At least tell me where you’re heading this time” he requested to his father. “Fine. I’ll tell you that much….I’m heading to Gri’stol….but you must tell this to no one” said the father and he turned at his son looking at him. “Let me go....I’ll go instead of you...so you can remain here where you can be safe…you’re not as young as you used to be “ he was almost begging for his father to go instead of him but the answer came as he espected “ My boy…I may not be as young as I once used to be,but I assure you that I’m strong enoufhgt to not fear anyone in this world….at least not anyone that is still alive” replied him and said ”Recently I’m in the possession of something more important then me, then this Kingdom and even more important even then you”. His voice faded at the last part. “ The reason I’m going to Gri’stol is because only there what I have in possession will be in good hands and he showed to his son the same object covered in a piece of leather that now was standing on the council table.
Kri’son, do you hear us? …the voice suddenly took him out from his travel through his memories. “Yes” replied him after a while. The chambers with the 7 advisors were gathered was suddenly to small for him, He felt like he was suffocating, but the sensation disappeared when a gentile hand touched him. He turned his head and saw the only person left for him to care: Sophia, a girl who was his friend since childhood, but she was from a low rank family so the other ones around the castle were bothered by her presence and by her relation with him, now more than ever because Kri’son was at the age of 19 years old and the advisors expected him to marry soon with a women from a Nobile family. The girl was a threat to the royal blood flow so the advisors decided that she should go and take the object to Gri’stol because even if she was a woman, she was a high level magician and a moderate level melee fighter, so she was more than capable to do dangerous missions. “Kri’son” said the girl “o you not thrust me and my skills? I thought I proved you long ago what I’m capable of. I’ll deliver the package once I reach in Gri’stol and then I’ll come back.” She smiled at him as she said that. Her voice was so soft and her brown eyes were so deep that the young man couldn’t resist their sight anymore and he turned his look. The girl had her white-blonde hair let loose on her back, was dressed in a female armor with shoulders protectors that had the green color, a short chain type golden skirt and short boots at the level of her ankles. At her belt she was carrying just one long strange sword with one hilt and tow blades of the same size but close distanced one from another. He knew that the girl was able to fight, but something was bothering him with letting her go all alone.
“You’re the heir, if something happens to you while you’re gone, then our Kingdom will fall into chaos…think wise boy...this is not about revenge ...it’s about the sake of your people” said the Head advisor.
Inside of Kri’son a battle begun between his desire to revenge his father and to protect Sophia against his duties as an heir. After a moment of silence, he took a one last look at the ones present there stopping his eyes on Sophia and after he kissed her on the forehead, he took the object on the table and his black cloak off the chair. “I‘ll be back soon “said he to himself and left the room without looking back…not even once.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu